Summer has arrived, yay! And we’re all excited to get outdoors and make the most of the warm weather. After all, who knows when we’ll see it again. If your children have finished school too, you might be kicking back slightly; letting them stay up later, enjoying al fresco mealtimes and pool parties in the sun. I know that’s something I enjoy doing in the summer holidays and not having to get up early to see the kids off in the mornings is a blessing.
So if you’re spending more time outdoors, you want the garden to look great. One of my favourite looks of the season has to be the tropical garden theme. From pineapples to flamingos to big palm leafs, this looks is fun, bright and a little bit crazy and the kids will love it. You don’t have to go too mad if it’s all bit much, but a few touches here and there and you’ll soon have your tropical garden party sorted.
If you’re going to pull this look together then you’re going to need:
- Pineapple bunting
- Pineapple paper decorations
- Tropical paper plates, cups and coasters
- Tropical drinking cups (fun pineapples are best)
- Palm leaf prints soft furnishings
- A Caribbean inspired drinks selection
- Fun drinks stirrers
- Pineapple candles
You’ll find all of these pieces on the high street or online, but to save you some trouble we’ve done some hunting around and pulled together some of my favourite finds – inspired by all things tropical! These are just a sample, and some of my style that I hope you might like. They’re not over the top, and I think create a more stylish look that could suit any garden. Add your own touches to really bring it together.
This is a really kitsch look and I think such fun for a family garden party with kids. I love that you could use the pieces separately too and don’t necessarily have to put them altogether. The ideas are endless and whilst these pieces look great pulled together, there are lots of other ways to use them.
When night falls, just add some candles and lots of battery or solar-powered lights. The more you have the better the ambience and the longer you can stay out and party.
Colours are one of the key ingredients in this look, so ensure you have a cacophony of hues to embrace everything tropical. And if you can do that, you’re going to be all set.
WIN SOME TROPICAL TOUCHES FOR YOUR OWN GARDEN!
You could win…
- Some novelty Flamingo fairy lights!
- A large Hanging Planter in tropical aqua.
- A copper pineapple ice bucket – just what every home needs!
- A Frozen Margarita cocktail set.
- A set of 5 pineapple cake candles.
- And a book of places to travel, to inspire your Tropical daydreaming…
All the ingredients for a perfect tropical garden party!
- FACEBOOK: Make sure to like our page, & then leave a comment on THIS POST telling us what you love most about summer.
- TWITTER: Make sure to follow us @OFLOakFurniture, & then tweet us telling us what you love most about summer.
- INSTAGRAM: Make sure to follow us @oak_furniture_land, & then leave a comment on THIS POST telling us what you love most about summer.
- And if you want, you can enter once per channel! So that’s a total of THREE entries per person
We can’t wait to hear from you! You have until midnight August 14th to enter, & we’ll announce the winner on August 17th.
- Prizes are subject to availability – you will be contacted to discuss an alternative if anything is out of stock.
- If you win you will be contacted to request delivery details.
- Upon entering, you give Oak Furniture Land the right to use your name and entries for the sole purpose of identifying you as a winner of the competition on our blog and other social media sites.
- Your details may be stored for marketing purposes.
- We will only ship to mainland UK.
- The competition closes 11:59PM 14/07/2016.
- Our usual terms and conditions will not apply.
- The result is final and no discussion will be entered into with regards to the outcome.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- Entrants may not be employees of Oak Furniture Land, their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition.
- No purchase necessary.
- No cash alternative offered.
- The prize is not transferable and is subject to availability.