Lucky enough to be expecting a baby this 2017? Award-winning Mummy blogger Alice from More Than Toast tells us all about her pregnancy experience below. Read on to find out how motherhood has been for her, and stay tuned for a very special giveaway for new Mums…
When I was pregnant for the second time, it was such a difficult process I wrote a blog post that included the phrase “please will someone shoot me in the face if I ever suggest getting pregnant again”. THAT’S how harrowing the whole experience was for me.
I suffered with the usual morning sickness, but that wasn’t the worst part. It feels like a distant memory now, but it was the tiredness that crushed me. One of my fondest memories from this time was lying on the sofa weeping from tiredness as my then-18 month old poked me in the face laughing. Ouch, tee hee hee indeed!
But saying that, pregnancy is still the number one most magical experience you can go through. Despite the bone crushing exhaustion, I used to feel my baby moving around in me and think, I MADE THAT.
For some reason, I used to focus on the fact I had created a spine from scratch. I mean, how magnificent is that? You start with an egg and POOF! All of a sudden you have a fully-formed human being – including that magic spine – growing inside you. It really is the most incredible, if slightly painful, miracle.
I would sit at my desk at work with a baby’s head inside my ribs, always inside my ribs… the weirdest feeling, and I would stroke their back as I read emails. I mean, fancy that: you can stroke your lovely baby’s back while it’s growing inside you? That’s some sci-fi alien-type business right there.
Both of my children still enjoy a good old back-stroking now they’re out of the womb and of school age and I always wonder if it’s because it reminds them of that warm and cosy 9 months inside. Again, miraculous.
You see, even though I write about how tiring and difficult the process of pregnancy was, I would do it again in a heartbeat (please don’t shoot me in the face!).
Creating and carrying a little person inside you is the greatest honour, the most wonderful feeling around, and anyone who gets to do it is a lucky duck indeed. Creating a life, then giving birth to and meeting that life; there’s nothing on earth you can do to match it.
Of course, the birth is another challenge and is therefore a completely different blog post altogether, but just like the pregnancy it’s a painful situation most definitely worth going through to meet your baby.
Are you expecting a baby in 2017? Then you’ll need to start planning for the perfect nursery! And, to make sure you can put your feet up and make the most of your pregnancy, we’d like to take care of it for you.
To win a brand new nursery from our range – featuring 1 cot bed, 1 wardrobe and 1 chest of drawers – from the range of YOUR CHOICE we want to hear about your pregnancy journey so far! What lessons have you learned? What’s been different than you expected? What are you most excited about for meeting your new arrival?
HOW TO ENTER…
- Like our page on Facebook.
- Send us a message, or leave a comment on this post telling us about your pregnancy journey so far and when you’re due. We’d love to see pictures!
- You can also enter on Twitter or Instagram by using the hashtag #NewYearNewMum. Be as creative as you’d like – it’ll all count as an entry as long as you’ve used the hashtag.
- Entries are limited to 1 per channel – i.e. you can enter once on Facebook, once on Twitter & once on Instagram (but no more than that!).
- That’s it! You’ve got until March 10th to enter, so be quick!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Prizes are subject to availability – you will be contacted to discuss an alternative if anything is out of stock.
- You will receive ONLY one cot bed, one wardrobe and one chest of drawers from the nursery range of your choosing. No extras (such as mattresses or changing tables) will be included.
- If you win you will be contacted to request delivery details.
- Upon entering, you give Oak Furniture Land the right to use your name and entries for the sole purpose of identifying you as a winner of the competition on our blog and other social media sites.
- Upon entering, you give Oak Furniture Land the right to use your FIRST name only and the details of your entry for use in marketing materials (such as blog posts).
- If you choose to submit photos as part of your entry you give Oak Furniture Land the right to use these photos for marketing purposes (in blog posts or on social media).
- Your details may be stored for marketing purposes.
- We will only ship to mainland UK.
- The competition closes 11:59PM 10/03/2017.
- Our usual terms and conditions will not apply.
- The result is final and no discussion will be entered into with regards to the outcome.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- Entrants may not be employees of Oak Furniture Land, their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition.
- No purchase necessary.
- No cash alternative offered.
- The prize is not transferable and is subject to availability.